Caveat emptor

I am the coordinator for children's ministry, but ZPC does not pay for or edit what I write. The following words are my thoughts and opinions. Enjoy getting inside my head, and don't be shy about letting me inside of yours!

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

VBS Thoughts

VBS week! Yahoo. I am having a great time as Swampy Sue in the preschool wing. I have a great assistant, Katie Bays aka Backwoods Becky! We have spent the week coming up with some creative ways to teach the children about Moses.

It's incredible how much you learn when you are teaching the Bible to the youngest of God's flock. I am blown away by how much these three and four year olds already know. I think some of them know more about God that I do. He did say have the faith of a child. I hope someday God will look at me and say, "Yep, you had the faith of a child." How happy that would make me.

Take the time today to ask your kids what they know about God. If you ask questions and talk long enough, they'll probably teach you a thing or two. That lesson might just be that you have a lot more to learn.

Thank you for letting me be your children's teacher and for letting them be mine!

No comments: