Caveat emptor

I am the coordinator for children's ministry, but ZPC does not pay for or edit what I write. The following words are my thoughts and opinions. Enjoy getting inside my head, and don't be shy about letting me inside of yours!

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

We've got the rubber to the road. . .

Well, I had an outstanding meeting with Andy Miller, and I am ready to move forward on this project.  I have lined up an artist.  She is willing to do the art work and walk through the rooms with me to get the vision on the walls.  When I called she was in the middle of something (something no doubt creative and wonderful) and she will call me back later this week with more information (cost, time frame, etc).  
However, I think we will be able to start the Children's Welcome Center before she has the art done.  It will just involve painting the walls, refinishing the desks, and putting up curtains.  I think!  
I am going to create a giving tree for the hallway.  I will put things on there that we need:  trunk/treasure chest, book shelves, gift cards to Lowes, JoAnn Fabrics, Target, etc.  People can take a leaf or coconut-whatever-and purchase/donate those things for us.  If you have any ideas as to what else would be good, please share that with me.
I am soo excited and pumped up about this!  I hope you are too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy! I love your ideas...it breathes new life into a rather dull (I hate to say that!) space!! I hope it gets people excited about their kids learning about Jesus! Let me know what I can do to help...not real creative but I can follow directions (usually). Thanks for all your hard work!
Michelle Schumacher

Anonymous said...

You ROCK girl. I'm a groupie following your blog. You are on FIRE! Love all of your proposals and your direction. I'm in!
Kim Byrd

Anonymous said...

Children's welcome center items suggestions for wish list:

Old McNall pull down US map (saw one listed on Craig's list for 10.00. Thought that would look cool on the wall where the now 4/5 table is. The kids could locate/track mission areas.

globe

barrell

ship theme items: anyone with a ship in a bottle? OR ship replica

pretend swords (for hanging on the wall)

floor telescope

Thanks Amy for getting the 'ship sailing' on this project.